Make Money Uploading Youtube Videos

Youtube started a new program this month where you can make money when you upload your videos. The program, called the “partner program,” will give you a share of the money from ads that are featured on your video.

The reason Youtube is doing this is because they’re legally not allowed to put advertising on copyrighted-content. To put ads on a video they first have to get permission from the copyright holder. Therefore, by entering the partner program, you give them permission to put ads on your video and they will give you a share of the money that’s made.

Here is an example of the ads that appear on partner videos (its the text at the bottom):

Since Youtube videos have the potential to reach millions of viewers this can be very lucrative for the big names on Youtube. It may also be a good reason to take out your camera and start using Youtube if you haven’t already.

Here are the requirements for the program:

• You must own the copyrights and distribution rights for all videos you upload.
  • You must regularly upload videos that are viewed by thousands of Youtube users.
  • You must live in the US or Canada.

If you meet these requirements, you can apply now and start making money off your videos. If you live outside of North America, keep your eyes open because they will probably be expanding the program in the near future.

11 Responses to Make Money Uploading Youtube Videos

1. Sean Morris says:

Revver has been doing the same thing for a while. Maybe Youtube is losing some people to them ? Probably not, Youtube is still #4 on Alexa

2. Great info thanks for sharing this, I had not heard of it yet.

Seems big brother Google needs to have ads on just about any spot on the net these days…sounds like a good way to make some extra money though.

3. Martin Saenz says:

Sounds cool. I’d like to try making a youtube video for my blog. Only issue would be I’d want it to be funny but I’m not the funny type.

Martin
    toolkitforsuccess

4. Nathan Powell says:

I have been doing this for a while, and my earnings were $214.73 for the month of December.

It is a good move by Youtube.

5. It was only a matter of time before we could make cash our videos. I like it.

6. Tal says:

I’ve been saying for months I’m going into viral videos…still can’t find the time, though this post got me thinking about it again.

7. I’ll have to start carrying my video camera around with me I guess!

8. Bill says:

Hehe thanks for sharing I just signed up

9. Clyde says:

Wow this is cool, best thing i have seen in ages i didnt know you can actually be paid when you upload your videos to you tube. This is cool thanks for sharing this i bet not that many people know about this, people we need to share this with our folks

10. Barb says:

Great info. looking forward to putting it into practice. Thanks for sharing!

11. Hello there, simply turned into alert to your weblog thru Google, and found that it is truly informative. I am going to watch out for brussels. I will be grateful if you continue this in future. Many other folks shall be benefited from your writing. Cheers!